Monday, January 5, 2009

Yes, I'm Finally Back


This is one of the reasons I love going to Lake Mead - the scenery. Most folks go to Lake Mead for the fishing (like my husband) and rarely pay attention to the huge expanse of scenery. Lake Mead National Recreation Area is HUGE - and more than just a lake. This picture shows not only the lovely red rocks that crop up in several locations, but the snow-covered mountains that can be seen in numerous places.




We stayed at Echo Bay RV campground - second year there, 4th overall at Lake Mead. Our friends Gary and Debbie were in the next site. Gary took Don out on the lake a lot, which resulted in 9 meals' worth of striped bass fillets in my freezer! In addition, on New Year's Eve, we had a fish fry and gorged on even more stripers and catfish. I took two WIPs, and had dozens of hours of uninterrupted stitching time. I finished Black Swan Designs' "Desert Sunrise" except for the beading, and worked a little on Raise the Roof's "Crabby All Year." No pics of those pieces. I went in to Las Vegas twice, and visited 3 different quilt shops (Fabric Boutique, Christmas Goose, and Nancy's Quilts) and a cross stitch shop (Stitchers' Paradise). I now have fabric for 3 new quilts - and have already started cutting and piecing the first one.




Gary hates having his picture taken. Debbie doesn't.
























These will be dinner in the next couple of months!






This one was the largest of the trip - a 3-pounder that made two really nice fillets!

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Great pics! So glad you guys had a great time and caught some fish!

MysteryKnitter said...

Well, there's fish for some time indeed, if you ask me. But I am glad you got some fish. And that you managed to get some stitching done too.