Sunday, January 25, 2009

Box of Chocolates Mini-Quilt

I finished this one a couple of days ago. I did the machine quilting myself on my Featherweight, and while it looks a bit rough (the quilting, that is) the whole thing came out really cute. It's about the size of a fat quarter, and has little brown and white buttons in each white square. This is from the book Bits and Pieces by Karen Costello Soltys. I plan to do a bunch of little quilts from her book - they'll make great inexpensive gifts since they're so small and I can quilt them myself.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Looks terrific, Cyndi!!!

Cindy F. said...

Another beautiful finish!
Hey, you should sell quilts and quilted items on Etsy or Ebay!

Lynn said...

What a great idea for gifts! I've never seen mini quilts before. Yours turned out great!
Check out my blog when you get a chance. I've given you an award.

MysteryKnitter said...

That is beautiful, if you ask me.