Friday, January 9, 2009

Blocks from Strings


LinkIf you haven't visited Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville, you're missing out on a master quilter. You could spend days looking at all the quilts she's done, as well as all the ones that others have done using her patterns and instructions. She's done several mysteries, too, and is in the middle of another one. When I grow up to be an experienced quilter, I'll join one!

Bonnie is also known for her scrap-user's system, and all the quilts she's made from scraps and strings. I decided to adopt that system, and will be organizing my scraps weekly (unless I'm out of town). I also decided to make it a goal to make at least 2 string blocks a week. I will be using 5 1/2" squares from the phone book for the foundations instead of fabric. Above are my first two!

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful job on your squares...don't understand about the phone book though???

Hey, are you cutting with just a rotary cutter now? My instructor would not allow scissors. And now, I'm glad!

MysteryKnitter said...

Those look awesome, if you ask me.