Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Finish #1: Shepherd Boy fob by Told in a Garden

This is my first, well, actually the second, pathetic attempt at a scissors fob. I joined the Tiny Treasures Exchange blog, and the first piece we were to make is a scissors fob. They looked pretty easy to me, and they are, but I just happen to suck at whatever kind of stitching it is you do to close the gap when you make little pillows. You'll see in my other ornaments I finished today that they suck, too. The first little fob I tried to make was so cute - a teeny weeny little house and tree by Bent Creek, stitched one-over-one on 32-count linen. Problem number one was that I cut it too small for making into a little pillow, so when I turned it inside out some of the design was in the stitches. Second, since I'm so bad at doing the stitching, and the linen kept coming apart, I couldn't close it. Into the trash it went. Next, I stitched this little guy, from the Told in a Garden Bookmarks collection. See the uneven dent in the bottom? That's where I did my hand stitching after machine stitching the rest. Oh well. The person who receives it will also receive an explanation and the hope that she sees it as "rustic."

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

What a cute little boy stitch!

Hey, I've only made one finish...a fob..and honestly, I didn't think it was easy at all. I guess I keep hoping I will learn to do all kinds of finishes and love doing them! ...lol...

You're too hard on yourself! You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Lovely fob! I have mailed my fob for you in last Friday :) ! I hope that you got it soon! Greetings from your fob-partner ;)