Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thanks for the Praise, Lynn!

Many thanks to Lynn of Kearnel's Korner, who posted that she loves to read my blog. As part of this "award," the recipients are asked to list 5 of their addictions. That might be easy - let's see:

1. Starbuck's coffee. Yes, I admit it, I love Starbucks. At home, my husband thinks coffee such as Folger's and Yuban is just fine, and even if I bring home Starbuck's beans to grind and brew, it just doesn't taste the same. I stop almost every morning for a coffee in one of my Starbuck's insulated mugs - no lattés or macchiatos for me - and sip on it for the next half hour or even hour.
2. Quilting. It's my latest obsession. I even have dreams about it! I think it's because of the newness.
3. Potatoes. Fried, baked, roasted, mashed, boiled - you name it, I love potatoes. As a borderline diabetic, this addiction has caused me many problems, and I've really had to cut back on the frequency that I eat potatoes. My most favorite way of all is roasted - especially red potatoes, tossed with a bit of olive oil and garlic, and sprinkled with cayenne pepper then roasted in the convection oven. The outsides get so yummy and crispy. Ahhh - my mouth is watering even as I type this.
4. My husband. Silly, sappy, I don't care what you say. I'm addicted to him. We've been together 28 years - and the past 3 or 4 have been the BEST. We are truly each other's best friends, and just love life together.
5. Travel. You could say my favorite song is "On the Road Again." I believe I inherited a wandering gene from my dad, who loved to travel. I have this urge, all the time, to see all the wonderful sites in this world. Luckily, my husband likes to travel, too.

Now, I'd like to pass this award on to 5 people whose blogs I read all the time:

Melissa
Martha
Kyri
Judy
Tamara

Ladies, I love your blogs!

4 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Thanks Cyndi!

Cynimin said...

Hi! I'm a Cyndi also! Love your blog.

Lynn said...

You're welcome very much!
Mmmm, all that talk of potatoes is making me hungry!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Sounds great and I like your blog. It is interesting to read about your needlework adventures - and other adventures too.