Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Next Quilting Project...

I signed up to take a semester-long quilting class through Yucaipa Adult School. Several ladies from the District Office are in it, and encouraged me to join them. (You can take it over and over, and do different quilts each time.) Tonight we had our first class, where we learned that we're going to be doing a quilt from Eleanor Burns' Victory Quilts. We can do it how we want - 20 blocks or 12, 12" blocks or 6" blocks, on point or straight, scalloped edges or straight, and so on. Most of us are going to do 20 different blocks - making this a sampler quilt. I heard a couple of women say they were going to pick one block and make 20 all the same - they were just finishing up a sampler quilt and wanted to get back to doing something with blocks all the same. I've already decided that I'm going to do mine in darker tones - cream, burgundy, navy, pine, and gold, instead of the pastels. I'll be sure to post pics in progress!

4 comments:

Lisa V said...

Sounds good Cyndi, cant wait to see the photos of your progress.

Cindy F. said...

The class sounds exciting! Hope you enjoy it and can't wait to see your pics!

Laurie said...

I have received my magnet you made me from the year long ps exchange. thanks so much. i love it! i have posted that i have received on the group blog as well as a photo and info on my blog. Thanks again!

MysteryKnitter said...

Sounds challenging and exciting. I know you will succeed.