Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Very First Quilt - Finished!

I finished the binding a couple of nights ago, and now it's done. Finito. Over. And what a great lesson-quilt it was. I learned so much while doing this - and many of my lessons can be seen (to me) in the flaws and unique features of this quilt. My binding is pretty poor and uneven, but as I stitched it, it got better and more even. And as much as I've whined about not wanting to do binding, it was really a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's now something I can do while in the recliner watching TV, like I do cross stitch.

5 comments:

Lisa V said...

Well done Cyndi, congratulations on your first quilt.

Cindy F. said...

Congrats! You did an amazing job! Very pretty:)
Binding still intimidates me!

Kathy A. said...

congratulations on your first quilt! That is a lovely job and each one will get esier and more lovely

Karen said...

VERY nice, Cyndi!!! What a sense of accomplishment you must have! Lovely colors.....

MysteryKnitter said...

Well done! Congrats! I knew you'd tame it!