Friday, August 3, 2007

My First Ornament

I signed up for an ornament exchange on one of my Yahoo Groups (love those Yahoo Groups!), and found one to do in a little book I picked up a few months ago. This is done on a scrap of some soft 28-count beige linen -don't know what it's called - that I got in Idaho Falls. I followed the tutorial for making a pillow ornament, and even used the suggestion to use "invisible thread." My husband the fisherman obliged my request for some very light fishing line, and came up with 2-pound test line that was perfect for this job.

This is the finished design just before I took it off the Q-snaps.

This is the backside.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

I am reading these in chronological order. That is why my comments may seem to be a bit off at times.