Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Friendship Quilts" - a Sweet Nothings design by JBS Designs

This is for my friend, Shannon. It's done with 2 threads over 18-count Aida, and put in a cute frame I picked up at Iron Kettle Needlework Shop in Cody, Wyoming. I changed several of the colors - the original design was very pale and muted and I wanted a green to go with the frame. While I was at it, I brightened up some of the blues. The biggest change, however, was a spelling correction. The phrase around the outside of the quilts said, "Friendship is sharing openly, laughing often, speakly kindly, caring deeply, trusting always." Speakly? I double-checked the model on the front of the pamphlet. It said "speakly" too. Well, being an English teacher, I had to fix it. It now says "speaking." Funny how that got by the designer, the model stitcher, and the publisher.

Have you ever found other patterns with spelling errors that bug you?

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love this design...funny...I've caught things like this before too :)

MysteryKnitter said...

I have not seen them on those projects I stitch, but on newspapers, oh, you don't even know how much! Sometimes I tear my hair apart, and I am not even a teacher!