Saturday, March 10, 2012

A few more things I've been working on

 String blocks. I finished the first top the other day, and decided that my string boxes and bags were overstuffed - so I needed to make some room. In one afternoon I made 20 blocks. These are 6.5" - the ones in the first top were 5.5" (I used a larger phone book this time).



 Six blocks from the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (Elm Creek Quilts).  This makes 10. Top row, L-R: Sarah's Choice, Dutchman's Puzzle, and Chicago Pavements. Bottom row, L-R: 54-40 or Fight, Mother's Delight, and Churn Dash.

The Farmer's Wife Sow-Along is now called Barrister's Sow-Along. If you want to know why the change, go here.  But we're doing blocks that are in the public domain, so there will be no problems. I have the Farmer's Wife book anyway - and am enjoying doing these in those 30's repro fabrics. 
Here are the three for this week:

Broken Dishes

Basket (I used large ric-rac for the handle)

Churn Dash


Shannon, the Pieceful Kwilter, also has a quilt-along going on her blog. Today I finally got around to doing part 1:
Zig-Zag Star

3 6" Friendship Stars

1 comment:

Gram said...

Thank you. I like the ric rac idea. I was planning to take mine off because I wasn't satisfied. I might try this idea instead.