Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Newest Stitching Gadget

Where I sit to stitch most of the time, both at home and in my trailer, the only way I can see is to turn on a big overhead light. I don't have an Ott light, nor a lamp to my left. I have a lamp to my right here at home, but I'm right-handed, and it casts a shadow on my stitching and isn't bright enough. Yesterday I took Don to Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga to let him pick out some Christmas presents (reel, jigs, flies, etc.) and saw this cap light at the reels counter. It clips on the brim of your baseball cap, and adjusts to shine wherever you want it to shine. I have it on the left side of the brim, so that it shines towards my stitching and lights up the area where I'm working. I like it because I can use it at the same time as the magnifying lens that clips on my Q-snap frame. Now Don won't complain about the bright overhead light anymore!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

i like it! i use a lamp of lecture,but,,after a minutes,the warm light,,is a hell light! like summer, but only in one side of my head...

Ginger said...

Cyndi - what a great perk for going to the fishing shop... Guys need something at stitch shops, too...
Hugs,
Ginger