Friday, December 14, 2007

My First Biscornu!

Will someone please tell me why these things are so fun to make? What purpose do they serve? But then again, what purpose does our craft serve anyway? I guess I'll answer my own question about the biscornu - they're quick, easy, and really cute.

This one is called Sweet Christmas, and it's designed by Helga Mandl. I stitched a Halloween piece by her in October, and decided to turn this ornament design into a biscornu. I used the tutorial from Own Two Hands - a well-done tutorial, which really made this an easy task. The button is from Just Another Button Company.



This is the bottom side - I didn't want to stitch the design twice so I just put a few stitches in each corner and used an ordinary red button.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

is a beuatifull biscornĂº..i put a cord in one side,and attach to a scissor,like a sicssor fob :D,,,and of course,the are very popular in the exchanges :D