Monday, December 10, 2007

"Fishing" - Hinzeit

I just put this in the mail to Gary, our fishing friend from Las Vegas. The original design called for two very drab colors, but I wanted it to be a little more colorful, so I used "Burnt Toast" Waterlilies silk thread from Caron. It's stitched two threads over one on pale green 18-count Irish Cork linen, and the frame was stained by me to match the red tones in the threads. I'm going to stitch another one for Don and me to hang in our trailer, but instead of charms, I'll use flies. Don says he has a few he can give me, and I can pick up the rest at Sport Chalet.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

beautifull finish! i like everything,the fame,the color that you choice,ande the embellisment are original,congratualtions.

MysteryKnitter said...

It's beautiful!