We're leaving the 16th for Colorado, so I wanted to take some completed quilts and tops to the guild meeting today.
First, I tied and bound three of the scrap-busting split 9-patch quilts. Each one is made with 2" squares and HSTs.
Next, I donated this top to our Home of the Brave project. Cathy and I talked about how there was a need for quilts for older little girls - too often the children's quilts are pretty "young." This one will be nice for an older little girl who has lost her father/mother in combat. It's a paper-pieced pattern I adapted from one I found in an old quilting magazine - I can't remember which one.
Lastly, I finished our upholstery challenge. A few weeks ago I asked for advice as to where I should place the buttons - and the consensus was on the "cornerstones" and not the blocks. I think this turned out really, really cute!