Sunday, October 30, 2011

Evidence of a busy weekend

Except for a few breaks to eat lunch, I had two busy days at the sewing machine.

This is the beginnings of my Crumb-Along quilt. Today I made the entire alphabet - it's stacked on top of everything.  I sewed them into "words" of 4 or 3 - and found myself singing my ABCs all day!  In addition to the blocks I made following Jo's directions, I've added about a dozen "orphan" blocks from the orphan basket. Not in the photo are several dozen small stars from which I'll make a couple more rows.  Then I'll add a red border like Jo did, then the alphabet and any other stars needed to fill in the blanks.  I should have a flimsy completed by Tuesday!



This is the October blocks for the Bloggers' Block of the Month.  This one comes from Vicki of Field Trips in Fiber. The process was a bit different - no HSTs to cut, and therefore a bit of waste. But I put all the waste HSTs in my HST bag (which is getting stuffed - another project to do!)


These are the 68 5.5" string blocks I made earlier in the week, waiting to be trimmed.


Done.  Trimmed to 5.5" and ready to be used in yet another project.

Tomorrow:  Water aerobics, then lunch, then work on my Crumb-Along quilt.

4 comments:

Nann said...

Aren't those letters fun? (I made my first ones for a project in progress.) Now I'm intrigued by the online BOM (as though I need another project....)

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

Your crumb blocks are impressive - and the stack of string blocks intrigues me no end... what are you going to use them in, I wonder.

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Love it when I get to sew for hours on end:)! looks like you got a lot done.

MysteryKnitter said...

I can't wait to see what kind of quilts you make with these blocks.