Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crumb Quilt top finished ... almost

This is the top created as part of Jo's Crumb-Along.  It's got a bunch of the blocks she suggested we make, along with orphan blocks that I received in swaps or donations, or made as tried new techniques. (Example:  the wonky log cabins at the bottom.)

I'm going to have to sit down tonight and do some frogging. The whole left side - the one with the numbers - is messed up. I couldn't figure out until I took the picture why it was ruffly. Turns out I measured something wrong, and had forced it to fit. If I just take out one piece it'll fit perfectly.

But here it is!  Voilá!

(The English teacher in me wants to point out that it's NOT "walla" or "wa la."  It's voilá.  It's French.)

Once I get that side sewn on correctly, I'll sandwich it and probably hand tie it. I'm going to be house-sitting for a friend for two weeks beginning November 10, and can take that with me to have something to do while I watch TV. 

7 comments:

Jo said...

I love it. The little house block on the bottom is cute.

Béa said...

Beautiful crumb quilt, Cindy, congrats !

Pattilou said...

I just love your quilt. So very interesting--the eye goes from one fun part of the quilt to another! Great finish. Congratulations!!!

Browndirtcottage said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE......I.LIKE.

Sharon said...

Oh, I like this! Very fun, very cute! I like the variety of blocks you've got in there. And good job on the letters! That's a great idea to put them around the border.

And thanks for pointing out about voila'. I'd like to also say that it's not "viola" - that is a musical instrument. :)

Sharon said...

I found your blog through Patchery Menagerie, and I'm glad I did!

Oh, I like your crumb quilt top! Very fun, very cute! I like the variety of blocks you've got in there. And good job on the letters! That's a great idea to put them around the border.

And thanks for pointing out about voila'. I'd like to say, also, that it's not "viola" - that is a musical instrument. :)

MysteryKnitter said...

Awesome work! And once you trim it, like you said, I've no doubt it's perfect.