Saturday, July 18, 2009

A day quilting with new friends

Have you ever met someone and just "clicked," and felt immediately like friends? This happened to me at Quilting Sisters in Rocky Point. I was lucky to find a stitching store not even a mile from the campground, and the first time I was in there, I was invited to return and sew. I spent two full days there - got a lot done, and had a wonderful time.

This is Jeanie, the owner, who is a spitfire of a lady. She taught me so much, too-things like double fold binding, how to square up a border to prepare for binding, and different kinds of fabrics.




This is Carol, who has a passion (and skill) for appliqué. She's working on her second Sunbonnet Sue quilt - she just loves those little girls!




This is Sharon, who as you can see, hates to have her picture taken. She has a son in the Navy, and since I have one in the Air Force, we had military mom stories to share.

No comments: