Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two More Victory Quilt Blocks

I finished two more blocks for the Victory Quilt that we're working on in my quilting class. The one on the right is called Radio Windmill. Since I'd already learned about partial seaming when I was doing the Washington I Spy, this block was finished in less than half an hour.

The one below is called Sky Rocket, and it was the most difficult one - and the book gives it 3 of 3 stars for difficulty. I had no problem doing the center square - and was really pleased how it turned out. Then I had to add the rockets. What a pain - I had to re-do THREE times. One of them still isn't even, but I'm not unstitching and re-sewing any more. I probably won't be able to use this block in the finished quilt - after all the sewing and re-sewing and my poor seam allowances, it's a good 3/4" smaller than all the other finished squares. I'll figure out something to do with it, though.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

I dare to share a little secret with you. When my needlepoint projects fail, I send them away to someone I know. They will get a new home, where no one realizes the mistake or doesn't say anything about it.