Sunday, February 19, 2012

A weekend in the sewing room

We came back from our trip on Friday, and I couldn't wait to get back into my sewing room. I had several different blocks to work on, as well as a quilt top for possible inclusion in a book being written by a member of my guild.

Star of Mystery - Solstice Stars series

Two Colors Star - Solstice Stars series

The two blocks above are part of Randi's Solstice Stars series on Fresh Lemons.

Stargazing
This block, Stargazing, is from the new book Modern Blocks. I had checked it out from my guild's library, and have fallen in love with this book. I've already ordered my own copy from Amazon. I did the Stargazing block for Jeri in my Sew Bee Wonky Flickr group.


Sands of Time block
Sands of Time is the January block of the month in the Bloggers' BOM series. This one was designed by Quiltdad John.


Modern Monday Block 19 - Star

February challenge blocks - Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
In the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Yahoo Group, which I just joined (yes, I'm a joiner!), we're given challenges to do each month. Then there's a drawing among those who do the challenge. This month we were to do any 4 blocks in Row F.  I did:  Top Left: New York Beauty (F5), Top Right: Album 2 (F6), Bottom Left: Ladies' Aid Album (F8), and Bottom Right: Aunt Sukey's Choice (F10).

My last accomplishment this weekend was to complete a top for a medallion quilt that MIGHT be part of a soon-to-be published book. I'll give a lot more information about this later, including the name of it, the person writing the book, and more. But for now I'll just show the picture:





These are the latest blocks I've received in Boomerang 6.0.  There's still one more to come.


from Mallorie A

from Lori M

from Kaye G
from Nancia