Monday, February 13, 2012

Branching Out

While we were recently camped in Bishop, California, I visited a fabulous store called Sierra Cottons and Wools. The owner is designer Barri Sue Gaudet of Bareroots. She designs and creates pieces for wool and felt.



Her store in Bishop has a nice selection of quilting cottons, and an abundant supply of wool, felt, yarn, and patterns for all kinds of projects.




Barri Sue says this selection of wool felt on bolts is one of the largest in the country.




This is one of her completed quilts using several techniques including wool appliqué.




In the center of the store is a large table with samples of all the candlemats Barri Sue designs. Of course, I bought a kit to try my hand at this new (to me) craft.





This is another of her quilts.

After I spent a good amount on cotton fabric and a candlemat kit,
I returned 2 days later for more!

I'll be showing my purchases off when we return home next week.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone --trying it for the first time.

1 comment:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

cool! looks like my kind of store!