Saturday, August 27, 2011

My first quilt guild meeting

I joined the Citrus Belt Quilters yesterday. It's a pretty large guild (I think) - there were 109 members and 5 guests at yesterday's meeting. I'd wanted to join one for quite some time, but didn't have the time while I was still working. I know a couple of ladies there, and have already been roped into helping with our vendors' tables activity in December (members selling their own stuff).We're having our first annual quilt show in October - the Harvest of Quilts, and it'll be at the Yucaipa Community Center.  I'm sure I'll be able to help with that, too.









After the business meeting, we  had a great speaker - Lyn Brown of LynBrown.com.  She's from Anaheim Hills, just down the road a ways, and did a presentation of quilts she's made and designed "through the seasons." She started with Winter-themed quilts, and worked her way through the seasons and holidays.  She also had her patterns with her for sale, and sold them for $5 each - they're normally $8.  I bought one - I'd been looking for a way to use up a set of fat quarters I bought a few years ago in Seattle, and this one will be perfect.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

Those are simply awesome!