Monday, September 29, 2008

My Daughter's Team Won the Championship!

Some of you may know about my daughter's health issues (ulcerative colitis, which failed to respond to 3 years of steroids and chemotherapy, followed by colon removal and 8 additional surgeries over 2 more years) but now she's "back to normal" with a j-pouch and great health. She was urged by her best friends to play soccer again, so she joined their team in the local Over-30 league (they allow 3 under-30 players on the field). They won the league championship the other night. They'll start again in October, so I look forward to watching her continue to play and find joy in her favorite activity.

She's the goalkeeper in black in the middle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that your daughter has come thru that ordeal - UC is a hard one!

Congratualtions on perseverance and success!

Mary in MN

MysteryKnitter said...

I am :( for your daughter and everything she's been through. But I am glad her health has returned. I wish you and her all the best.