Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cat and Quilt


I'm sure this isn't the correct title for this piece, but since I stitched it so long ago I don't remember. It was part of a series of patterns from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts. I stitched it when we were stationed in Germany, so it must have been between 1987 and 1989.

Why did I get rid of those magazines? They had such cute patterns, and were always small enough to not cost an arm and a leg to mount and/or frame. This one ended up about 7" square. You can't tell, but after I was finished I realized I'd not followed the directions. I used two strands of floss, and the pattern called for three. I was so used to using two that I just kept on doing it. Nowadays I'm much more careful about directions, though I am using two on a piece I'm working on now, and the instructions call for four. Four! And it's on 14-count Aida. It looks just fine with two.

How often do YOU disobey the directions, whether intentionally or unintentionally?

3 comments:

Jan said...

This one and some others are in a 'Home and Garden' book I have - think they're named for the quilt patterns shown but may be wrong

Cyndi said...

I figured it out - it's from the March/April '86 Cross Stitch and Country Crafts, part of a series of cats, quilts, and baskets. This one is the Amish one.

MysteryKnitter said...

It is very beautiful.