Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fabric Postcards - My Newest Obsession

Last month, our guild invited Judy Stevens to do a workshop (and then a trunk show the next day at our meeting) on making fabric postcards.  She moved to our area recently, and is in a different guild that I'll be joining next week. 

Her workshop was wonderful, and I'm hooked.  Now I have two obsessions - piecing and fabric postcards!  I've been exploring Pinterest and Etsy, as well as the blogging world, and have accumulated tons of wonderful ideas for cards.  Here are some of the first ones I've made.













4 comments:

Teri said...

Love these cards, great designs - are you planning on mailing them out - or just to keep as mini quilts? What do you use for a backing?

Cyndi said...

Teri, these can be mailed, and most will be. The backing is a white or cream fabric, some are batiks others just plain fabric.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Cute! And once they are posted, the recipient has a lovely little piece to frame or just hang on the wall as is.

Barbara said...

I love this idea of the quilted picture postcards. Wouldn't these make fantastic Christmas cards or birthday cards! I have a friend who would love receiving one of these so now I know what to make her for Christmas. Thanks!!!!!