Thursday, March 21, 2013

Strings Class

Today I taught my first class at my local quilt shop. It was on how to make string quilts, like the ones I learned on Bonnie Hunter's site Quiltville.com.

This is one of the tops I showed them.




I showed them how to make the string blocks, and they went to town!








Each gal had different color palates--while I make all of mine in a random "scrappy" palate.

Janet made her blocks bright and bold:



Linda was using jewel tones:




Sharon had brought some lovely greens and pinks:




Diane and Peggy were using assorted colors--I forgot to snap a picture of Peggy's blocks, but here are Diane's:




All 5 gals told me they were really happy with the class, so I feel it was a successful day!


- Posted using from my iPhone

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Hooray for a successful class! I like your class sample quilt. Is there a close up of the quilt somewhere on your blog?