Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Say Hello to....Carla!



I'm one of those people who names her sewing machines.  My Featherweight is named Jessie.  My hand crank is Gertrude - a good old-fashioned name.  Today, I acquired Carla. Carla is a Babylock Grace.  My favorite quilt store, which used to be called the Quiet Mouse, went out of business over the summer while I was in Colorado, and reopened last month as Cherry Berry Quilts. The new owners have discounted their sewing machines, and got a great deal on this one. It's my first machine that has a stitch other than the straight stitch.  I just got tired of not having a zig zag, or a blanket stitch, or any others.  This one has 40. 

I set it up today, learned how to fill the bobbins and thread the machine, and finished up a couple of Block Lotto blocks.  I learned that I need a 1/4" foot (well, "want" is more like it) and while I'm at it, I'll get some more bobbins. But I really like her!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Welcome to the "fold" Carla!

Can't wait to see what you two do together!