Friday, May 27, 2011

Boomerang 5.0 Set 4

"Whirlwind" for Brenda S
I was using the Block Tool app on my iPad for this block, and discovered a mistake. I followed the directions to a T, and the block ended up at 9.5" instead of 12.5". I was forced to add a border around the outside to make it the right size.  I think it still looks okay.


"Picture Frame" for Mary D
The print on this fabric was large scale, so I thought this pattern would be a way to showcase it.


"Broken Dishes" for Sandy
I never thought someone would use a black and gray print for their main fabric. It goes perfectly with the seeds in the watermelon. It's now a bright summery block.


"Old Windmill" for Laura B
Laura's fabric was the brown, which let me use the pretty floral for a highlight.


"Old Maid's Puzzle" for KaSandra
KaSandra asked for white, so that's what she got!


"Red Cross Variation" for Robin S



"Antique Tiles" for Bonnie J
I took this one in a different light than the others. It's a very bright green and red; Bonnie wanted a Christmas block.

1 comment: