Saturday, August 4, 2012

Missing my rulers

We've been on our trip for almost 3 weeks now, and I realized on day 7 (first day I did any sewing) that'd left some important rulers at home. I'm missing my Quilt-in-a-Day HST square-up ruler and my EZ triangle ruler. I can still make blocks the traditional way, but I was so use to using those rulers. I net they're sitting at home on the big table where I'd piled everything I wanted to take with me.

I've done quite a bit of sewing so far. I spent 3 different days making string blocks--just reducing the amount of strings I've accumulated. One day I made string blocks from selvages. I've made and mailed blocks for swaps--4 so far.

Today is our first full day in Taylor Park, so Don's either on the river or in his float tube on the lake. I'm sewing and watching the Olympics. Did you see the trampoline finals? A surprise gold for Canada. I had tears in my eyes. And Serena totally dominated Maria in tennis. Way to go, Serena!

I'll be posting more on my travel blog if you want follow along on our trip: http://holmantravels.blogspot.com


See you there!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Taylor Park, Colorado

No comments: