Sunday, January 9, 2011

Boomerang - Set 1

I joined a new swap - and it is probably the most enjoyable swap I've been in yet. It's on the Quilters' Message Board, and it's called Boomerang.There are 36 of us in a group. I send a Fat Eighth of fabric to all the other 35. They create a 12.5" block with my fabric, adding in some of their own, and send it back to me. I end up with 35 different blocks all using my fabric.

I received the first three Fat Eighths yesterday, and got to work on the blocks. 

#1 Gentleman's Fancy

Lisa sent red fabric, and requested that her block include black and white. I had this black-on-white print and some black solid, and created this block for her.



#2 Chain of Squares
Ann sent this yellow Southwestern fabric, and I had just the right accents for it. They probably come from the same line - the teal and purple sun swirls went perfectly with her fabric.



#3 Castles in Spain
Linda sent the red tiny floral - which had yellow, green, white and blue. I decided to add a larger yellow & white floral and a blue that matched the blue in the red floral. 

Now that I've finished washing all my fabric (that I have to send out), I need to go cut and iron it. Then I have to put it in plastic and then in an envelope, and type the notes I'm sending with it. Tomorrow I'll get it in the mail.  
This is really fun because I get to do something different with each piece of fabric. There's no boring repetition.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the gals do with mine - I chose (for 27 pieces) a dusty rose, and for the rest a brown that will go with the rose. I did'nt want to go buy fabric just for this; I just wanted to use what I had in my stash.

2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

this looks like a very interesting challenge. I look forward to watching it come together.

MysteryKnitter said...

Wow!