Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back from the Sierras

Just drove back from the Sierras - had a 5-day weekend since I took personal leave on Friday and today. We camped at East Fork Campground on Rock Creek - I'll be posting pics on my travel blog, Wanderlust, in a few minutes. When Don was off fishing on his own, I did some stitching (of course) and reading. One of the first things I did was put the binding on this mini-quilt - it's made of four "orphan" string blocks from my string quilt blocks. You see, I'd been tooling along, making 5 1/2-inch blocks, and ever so often I'd accidentally cut one to 5 inches. No way was I going to throw them out! So I put four together, made it into a little mini-quilt, and added binding. This made a perfect hot pad for our table in the trailer, so that's probably what I'll use it for.


I also finished May and June from Crabby All Year, so I'm a month ahead on Daffycat's SAL.
I also stitched a little flower (English paper piecing) and will make it into another mini-quilt, and finished a little wedding gift for my sister (who got married on Saturday). I'll post a pic of it once I've finished into a wall hanging.

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Awesome Crabby progress! ROFLOL I can't bring myself to stitch ahead of the current month!