Monday, February 18, 2008

"Kathy's Violets" by Martina Weber (Chatelaine)




This one is a freebie from Martina Weber (Chatelaine). I did it for a seasonal exchange on CSRR. The frames I ordered are here, and I just need to mount this on some mounting board and stain a frame for it. Martina designed several small mandalas, and this is the second one I've done (the first was Lavender Garden, which was published in TGOSM). I framed this in a little frame that I stained myself - I found some stuff at Michaels, that when mixed with acrylic paint, turns the acrylic paint into a stain.

3 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Beautifully done! I did Manuella's Sunflowers from her website and it worked up gorgeously too! The violets are gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Oooh I love the Violets! I've never tackled any of Martina's patterns. Are they difficult?
The Waxing Moon pattern is cute. I thought it would be appropriate for my DH since he's a big chocolate lover.

MysteryKnitter said...

How pretty!